Inland Empire Roadmap
for Inclusion, Sustainability, and Equity for Community Well-Being
IE RISE is led by a broad and diverse group of leaders in the Inland Empire region of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, united in the commitment to an inclusive, sustainable, and equitable future for the region.
IE RISE partners stand committed to advancing the following values:
- Equity: Ensuring that national, regional, and local policies and practices ensure that all residents, and especially those from historically marginalized communities, have what they need to thrive and that no single group within society is given unnatural advantage at the sake of others.
- Sustainability: Ensuring that the economy, society, and environment is stewarded in such a way that everyone’s needs can continuously be met without present or future harm.
- Social Inclusion: Ensuring that all people, and especially those from historically marginalized communities shape and take part in society and are equally respected.
- Transparency: Operating and interacting with one another with nothing to hide with openness, communication, and accountability so that others can accurately and easily identify what we are thinking and doing and why.
- Honesty: Integrity, truthfulness, straightforwardness, and adherence to fact.
- Asset Based Thinking: Remaining focussed on our personal, communal, environmental, geographic, social, and economic strengths, bright spots, resources, and treasures when describing our region and thinking through addressing regional challenges and opportunities.
- Integrative Collaboration: Collaboration in which complementary efforts are seamlessly aligned and streamlined for maximum efficacy, impact, and interorganizational or intersectional sharing and support.